Thanksgiving is November 28, and if you’d rather make reservations than make a huge turkey dinner, here are five places on the Island serving up special Thanksgiving dinners with all the trimmings. Pick the perfect place for your family’s celebration!
- For an Intimate Feast: Rhinoceros Cafe & Grill. This fancy little Zagat rated, white linen, American Bistro right on Orange Ave. will feature a traditional Thanksgiving feast in addition to their outstanding regular dinner menu and wine list. $29 | 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. |1166 Orange Ave. | 619-435-2121 | www.rhinocafe.com
- For Gourmet Entree Options: Crown Bistro. Chef Jerry Tovar created 4 special Thanksgiving dinner entrees to choose from including gorgonzola and mushroom stuffed New York steak, roasted Duckling a l’Orange, Atlantic Salmon en Croute and, of course, a stuffed roasted turkey with all the trimmings. $22 – $27 | 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. | 520 Orange Ave. | 619-435-3678 | www.crownbistro.com
- For an All-You-Can-Eat Family Feast: 1887 on the Bay. Get comfy in the historical former boathouse, take in the views of Glorietta Bay and savor a plate of roasted turkey and homemade sides. Then… ask for seconds! $35/adults $15/kids | 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. | 1701 Strand Way | 619-435-0155 | www.1887onthebay.com
- For a Fancy Celebration: Hotel Del Coronado. Gather in the beautiful, grand Crown Room and enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean and live music while you dine on an impressive buffet of Thanksgiving entrees, trimmings and treats to meet your every culinary desire. $98.50/adults $40/kids | 1500 Orange Ave. | 619-435-6611 | www.hoteldel.com/holidays
- For Dinner with a View: Peohe’s. Enjoy spectacular views of San Diego Bay and the city skyline while you dine on a delicious, classic Thanksgiving dinner complete with all the fixings and dessert. $20/adults $11/kids | 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. | 1201 First St. | 619-437-4474 | www.peohes.com
- Bonus: For Thanksgiving Champagne Brunch: Loews Coronado Bay Resort. Start your feasting early with salt crusted Wagyu beef, carved oven roasted turkey, charcuterie and artisanal cheese, smoked salmon, Ono ceviche, desserts, salads, dim sum, and every last breakfast favorite including custom waffles and omelets, mimosas and a bloody mary bar. $63/adults $37 /kids | 9am – 12pm | 4000 Loews Coronado Bay Road | 619-424-4000 | www.loewshotels.com/Coronado-Bay-Resort (Note: Loews will also be serving a savory Thanksgiving dinner created by Chef Adam Cho from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. for $70)
Alisa Kerr is a Coronado fan, resident, business owner, IBC member, Jr. Woman’s Club member, Beach Babe, and more. Since 2002 she has made it her hobby to explore, enjoy, and share all of the amazing things the Island has to offer. Alisa is a local attorney who’s firm, Kerr Law, takes pride in serving and supporting Coronado’s small businesses.