Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Spark some romance with these 5 fabulous dates on the Island.
- Candle lit dinner on the beach. Picture this: you and your sweetie seated on cushions in the sand around a surfboard draped in a linen table cloth, lined with flickering candles and set for dinner while a private chef prepares a gourmet meal for you over a fire ring on the beach. Cue the sunset and soft music and it’s a unique and perfect setting for romance courtesy of EpicBoards. Contact Keith at email@example.com to create your custom, epic date.
- Dinner and a Show. Start off a classic evening of romance with a delicious, candle lit pasta dinner at the Zagat rated Rhinoceros Cafe & Grill where tall windows overlooking Orange Ave. give you the feel of a “night out on the town.” (1166 Orange Ave. | (619) 435-2121 | menu ) After dinner stroll over to Lamb’s Players Theater for a fantastic – and funny! – live performance of The Foreigner in Coronado’s historic and intimate resident theatre. (2242 Orange Ave. | (619) 437-6000 | Tickets start at $22 | show description )
- Wine and Cheese by the Fire. Toast your love with amazing wine flights complimented perfectly with cheese and chocolate pairings at ENO Wine Bar at the Hotel Del. Sit by the warm glow of fire pits on ENO’s patio and let Mother Nature set the mood with the sound of crashing waves and a spectacular sunset over the Pacific. (1500 Orange Ave. | 619.522.8255 | info )
- Sail Off into the Sunset. Cuddle up under blankets with your sweetie, pop some champagne, and take a peaceful – and very romantic – 2 hour sail around the bay where you’ll be treated to one of San Diego’s spectacular winter sunsets that turn the sky above you into beautiful shades of pink, purple, orange and red. (Action Sports Rentals | (619) 424-4466 )
- Couple’s Massage. Ok, I haven’t actually tried this (yet!) but I really want to (hint, hint.) Who doesn’t love a nice couple’s massage with your sweetie? But leave it to Loews Coronado Bay Resort to take the romantic and relaxing couple’s massage to a whole new level. Step aboard an authentic Venetian gondola and enjoy your couple’s massage in the sunshine, with the sounds of the water lapping against the boat, while your gondolier gently glides you along the waterways of Coronado. How’s that for a unique and memorable date? If you’d rather skip the massage, you and your sweetie can snuggle up for a 50 minute romantic and fun gondola cruise through the Cays, (which I have tried and loved!) complete with yummy chocolate covered strawberries. (The Gondola Company | (619) 429-6317) After your cruise, dine at Loews’ fancy Mistral Restaurant with fabulous views of the bay and a delicious new menu from the talented Chef Cho. (Mistral Info)
Alisa Kerr is a Coronado fan, resident, business owner, IBC member, Jr. Woman’s Club member, Beach Babe member, and more. Since 2002 she has made it her hobby to explore, enjoy, and share all of the amazing things the Island has to offer. Alisa is a local attorney whose firm, Kerr Law, takes pride in serving and supporting Coronado’s small businesses and residents.