I’m so excited to be attending Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit this year!
Vegas Uncork’d has firmly established itself as the premiere culinary festival in the nation. Where else will you find such a gathering of celebrity chefs, among them Bobby Flay, Buddy Valastro, Daniel Boulud, Giada De Laurentiis, Joёl Robuchon, Julian Serrano, Guy Savoy, Mario Batali, Pierre Gagnaire, Masayoshi Takayama, Michael Mina, Nobu Matsuhisa, Royden Ellamar, Shawn McClain and … my all-time favorite, Thomas Keller of The French Laundry (Yountville) and Per Se (Manhattan) fame. All totaled, there will be 70 of the world’s best chefs, 20 of the most talented Master Sommeliers and 50 events.
The good news is that you can go, too! The festival takes place May 8 – 11 at the following resorts: Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand, ARIA and the Venetian. Wow! The four-day celebration offers rare access for food lovers to interact and rub shoulders with their favorite big-named chefs.
To purchase tickets, go to VegasUncorked.com.
“Las Vegas continues to redefine the essence of epicurean excellence by offering the most comprehensive collection of distinguished chefs, Master Sommeliers and celebrated restaurants in the world,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “This year we are thrilled to welcome additional resorts, chefs and unique, one-of-a-kind experiences to Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, as it provides our guests with unparalleled access to legendary chefs and sommeliers in truly intimate settings, while showcasing Las Vegas as the culinary mecca it has become.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, is the presenting sponsor of this year’s Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit.
Among new and notable events this year where tickets are still available:
– Krug Chef’s Table at Master Series Dinner: Dinnertime Decadence with Guy Savoy, Thursday, May 8: Experience exclusive like never before and be one of six at the Chef’s table – the only portal into renowned chef Guy Savoy’s den at Caesars Palace. At the only Krug Chef’s Table in the U.S., guests will sip luxurious Krug Champagne and dine on a special menu prepared by the Michelin-starred chef himself.
– The Night Market: East Meets West, Thursday, May 8: Join top chefs from The Venetian such as Mario Batali, Thomas Keller, Buddy Valastro and Justin Quek, as well as the outstanding chefs from Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands as they bring the true night-market experience to you with an array of Asian-inspired dishes and drinks.
– Second Annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Thursday, May 8: Two Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts students will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete with two world-class chefs, including Buddy Valastro, from the hit television series Cake Boss. The teams will battle it out during The Night Market at The Venetian for a $20,000 scholarship, courtesy of Chase Sapphire Preferred.
– A Twist on Dinner: The Perfect Pairing of Shawn McClain and Pierre Gagnaire, Thursday, May 8: Join Mandarin Oriental’s Pierre Gagnaire, a Michelin three-star chef, and ARIA award-winning chef Shawn McClain as they put their signature fresh-flavor twists on a unique dinner featuring thought-provoking wine pairings.
– Michael Mina’s Poolside Pig Roast & Beer Garden, Friday, May 9: Michael Mina hosts a full-on outdoor shindig complete with succulent whole roasted pig, barbecue favorites, and a bevy of ice-cold beers. Chill outside to the sound of upbeat live music and savor special dishes from Michael Mina’s PUB 1842 at MGM Grand.
– Mother’s Day Weekend Brunch, Saturday, May 10: Brush elbows with all-star chefs including Shawn McClain and Masa Takayama at this chic day party at ARIA where guests will dine on a bountiful brunch paired with world-class wines.
And a returning favorite:
– Grand Tasting, Friday, May 9: Enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the world’s most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world.
Eat, feast and be merry: We can all return to our diets in June!