If you missed the Coronado Flower Show Spring Fling: Flip Flops & Florals Party, well, I’m not gonna lie, you missed a really amazing party. A live band played party favorites in the Spreckels Pavilion while 300 people danced among stilt walkers, posed in the funny photo booth, and sampled a variety of yummy snacks from local talent under strings of festive lights. It was a great opportunity to discover some impressive Island culinary options that you can’t find on Orange Ave. Here are my five favorite “Off-Orange” food finds!
- Personal Chef: Chef Drew. Did you know we have a gourmet caterer and personal chef right here on the Island? Chef Drew McPartlin is a talented Coronado local who serves up global cuisine in your home that is both beautifully presented and incredibly delicious. Contact Chef Drew to cater your next romantic dinner at home or fun gathering of friends. Chef Drew | chefdrewmcpartlin.com | 619.990.9201
- Meal Delivery: Ganosh Gourmet. If you wish you could come home at the end of the day and have a fresh, healthy, and savory homemade meal waiting for you, Ganosh Gourmet is for you! Select 3-5 meals a week from their impressive monthly menu and voila! your meals are delivered right to your door. Prepared by Coronado resident Wendy Sanger MacGuire you’ll receive 5 entrees, 5 sides, and 5 desserts each week for only $95 (or 3 meals per week for $60), which includes tax, tip and delivery. I’m sold. Ganosh Gourmet | ganoshgourmet.com | 619.823.4701
- Special Delivery: Coronado Cookie Company. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with sea salt. Need I say more? Forget balloons and flowers, next time you want to show your love and/or appreciation to someone do it right with a delivery of yummy cookies baked using Coronado local Justine Freeman’s special family recipe. And while you’re at it, order a dozen for yourself, too! Coronado Island Cookie Co.| coronadocookies.com | 619.537.9220
- Local Sips: Zilaro Cellars. Coronado’s only winery tasting room, Zilaro brings the fun of wine tasting in Temecula right here to the Island. Stop by and sample a flight of winemaker Patrick Zilaro’s pride and joy wines, which includes a 2011 pinot grigio San Diego International Wine Competition silver medal winner. Zilaro Cellars | 1113 Adella Ave | zilarocellars.com | 619.437.7969
- Sweet Treat: Coronado Cupcakery. Cupcakes are all the rage right now and Coronado Cupcakery is right on trend with 23 flavors of pretty cupcakes to satisfy your sweet tooth in style. Cupcakes and custom cakes are made by four talented Coronado sisters who opened their bakery at the Ferry Landing in 2009. Don’t settle for grocery store cakes ever again! Coronado Cupcakery | 1201 First St, Suite 104 | coronadocupcakery.com | 619. 437.0166
Alisa Kerr is a Coronado fan, resident, business owner, IBC member, Jr. Woman’s Club member, Beach Babe member, and more. Since 2002 she has made it her hobby to explore, enjoy, and share all of the amazing things the Island has to offer. Alisa is a local attorney whose firm, Kerr Law, takes pride in serving and supporting Coronado’s small businesses and residents.